Love Black (Pair) Unisex Hoodie
The design is based on the Mural created by Edreys Wajed and James “Yames” Moffitt with support from the AK Public Art initiative in close collaboration with Say Yes Buffalo and Clover Group, Inc.
"With his frank and passionate words, Wajed exposes how our culture perpetuates stereotypes of Black children as beautiful and harmless, but at some invisible stage of their lives, and through no fault of their own, they may be deemed dangerous as adults," Albright-Knox said in a statement.
"By revealing this cultural reality, Wajed shows why the statement 'Black Lives Matter' is so profound, yet only the beginning of a long and necessary conversation."
Wajed’s contribution to our civic conversation is established by his profound yet minimal design for a mural that states in the silhouettes of figures: “Love Black boys even when they become men,” and “Love Black girls even when they become women.”
Everyone needs a cozy go-to hoodie to curl up in, so go for one that's soft, smooth, and stylish. It's the perfect choice for cooler evenings!
• 50% pre-shrunk cotton, 50% polyester
• Fabric weight: 8.0 oz/yd² (271.25 g/m²)
• Air-jet spun yarn with a soft feel and reduced pilling
• Double-lined hood with matching drawcord
• Quarter-turned body to avoid crease down the middle
• 1 × 1 athletic rib-knit cuffs and waistband with spandex
• Front pouch pocket
• Double-needle stitched collar, shoulders, armholes, cuffs, and hem
• Blank product sourced from Honduras, Mexico, or Nicaragua